NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A movie that makes your family angst seem a tiny bit self indulgent!

Good morning!

Well, it's upon us. 48 hours from now, we as a nation will be eating our collective body weight in turkey, a meat that isn't that good, in my opinion. I'm fairly certain that the only reason the Native Americans brought turkey to the Pilgrims is because it's a tough, dry, and boring.

Then again, maybe it's just my mother's cooking.

I'm holding out hope that my sister in law Jeanne, who is a great cook, will do something fun with the bird. That might make up for the inevitable family complaints that will accompany the meal. George Costanza's pop may have had it right with "Festivus." I DREAD the "What are you thankful for" table go around. Nothing good ever comes of it. Now, if we could just have "The Airing of Grievances," (since we all do anyway,) THAT would be something!

If you're like me, girding yourself for a six week span of familial obligation and stress, check out the movie, "HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS." It's a fantastic Thanksgiving flick starring Holly Hunter and Robert Downey Jr. Family dysfunction at it's very best. It will definitely take your mind off of your own holiday nightmares.

That said, have a great Thanksgiving all! Seriously, we are blessed, and it's a day to sit back and ponder it. But remember, get to be early, because Old Navy opens at 3 AM!

2 comments:

  1. My kids found a little project where they cut out paper 4's and then each member of the family gets one and you write what you're thankful for. Get it? For/4!!! Brilliant.

    Anyway, I wrote my kids names on there, because I am thankful. My daughter read it out loud to everyone. My wife turns to me immediately and spews forth "I see I'm not on that list."

    I think I might start drinking again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about! It never fails, someone in my family will start the pathway to the final circle of hell by saying, "Hey, let's go around the table and say what we're thankful for!" Last year I said, "I'm thankful that no one is crying now that we're done saying what we're thankful for!"

    Yikes!

    ReplyDelete