NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Writing: it's a family affair!

Hey all!

Sorry I've been MIA this week...picked up a nasty computer virus through Facebook. Here's a tip: Anything that says it's a personal anti virus is a lie and will mess up your computer. Don't do it! Also, it's a good idea to ignore those gifts, drinks, pillow fights, whatnot on Facebook. Just don't do it!

So my biggest news on the writing front is about my work in progres, "7/8th time." As you may know, my main character, Quinn Murray, is a DJ in Nashville, inspired by a photo of David James Elliott. (BTW, thank you everyone who suggested, "The Storm." I've managed to tape it off of Spike TV and I'll be watching it this weekend.)

Anyway, what I really wanted was to talk to a DJ and get a feel for a day in the life. Well, my hubby is the body shop manager at the local Chevy dealership. (If you live in the Milwaukee area, go to Boucher Chevy for your body shop needs. Tom is the most honest person you're ever going to deal with and he's a sweet heart, too.) A local morning DJ from 97.3 The Brew( my SECOND favorite radio station behind my beloved bob and Brian at 1029 the hog.) had his car fixed and hubby managed to get me an interview with Fish, the DJ. Bonus, Fish has mentioned that he'd like to get me on air and do some free promo for "Dream in Color."

This is not something I could do on my own. I would never have this kind of access to a DJ on my own. Even my air time with Bob and Brian have been purely luck. (Although, it should be noted that they are darling guys and have also offered to promo the book.) But thanks to the hubby I have a whole new outlet for promotion.

Ponder this, my writing friends: writing may be a solitary business, but being a writer is not. We all have research to do, not just those brave historical writers! "dream in Color" is as close to my life as I'll ever write, but I had to do plenty of research to get it right. So don't be afraid to get out there and talk to people, especially if you're trying to create a character and you want to get it right!

Have a safe and wonderful LAbor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment