NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Great Tear Jerk Novels you may not Know!

Good afternoon!

I am in need of a very good cry.  Work has not been what one would call fun and I'm a bit frustrated and simply wishing I could sell 25 books day  (yep, I've broken down the math and that's what I need, so if 25 of you each day could just buy one of my books I'd be able to regain my sanity.)  and get out of the corporate world.

So I'm in need of a good cry, and what is better than a book that makes you cry?

I'm not going to make a list of Nicholas Sparks work.  We all know the man can make a stone weep, so there's no need to really get into that.

No, I'm talking about books and authors that might be big, but also might be off the beaten path.  But these books make me cry for one reason or another and if you're looking for that in a book, take a peak at this list:


5)  Jude the Obscure:  Thomas Hardy

Attention all English Majors!  I had to read this book in Freshman English and my professor told me it was the saddest book ever written.  Well I was 18 and an idiot.  I read it and told him it was a hilarious farce.  Since then I've changed jobs about a billion times, had hard financial times, and have had kids.  This one brings me to my knees now every time.








4)  Dances With Wolves:  Michael Blake

 Ignore what you think you know about the blockbuster movie.  It's an old cliche, but the book is better, and far more moving, which is saying something since the movie is on my all time top 100 list.






3)  Youth in Revolt:  C. D. Payne

Ignore the completely lame movie.  My son, Skippy, encouraged me to read this book, one he hailed as "the best!"  Well, he loved it, I think, because he found it funny.  (see my number five on this list.)  I read it, and as a parent I wept through most of the pages of this diary of a very young man just trying to get from one day to the next.  You'll wind up crying and wishing you could just make him a sandwich.










2)  Made in the USA:  Billie Letts

Billie Letts is one of  my all time favorite authors.  She's got her finger right on the pulse of American readers, and tugs at the heartstrings in every book. This one, however, is a special tear jerker, because it's the tale of two young orphaned siblings who set out from South Dakota to Las Vegas and find out just how cruel life is.  I read this in a single car ride from Wisconsin to Indiana. 




1)  A Lonely Sky:  Linda Schmalz

Seriously, Nicholas who?  This is a book that is least known of the books on this list, but seriously, if you are looking for a love story that is going to break your heart and stick in your brain, this is the one you want.  Wanna buy it?  Click here!



There you go.  Five books I promise will make you weep for one reason or another.  And I promise you won't regret reading any of them, so go forth and READ!


No comments:

Post a Comment