NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

One small step for publishing, one giant step for me!

Good morning!

So I've been teasing my Face Book Faithful with an announcement about my first book, Dream in Color.  I'm ready to make that announcement public right now.

After three wonderful years with The Wild Rose Press, I decided it was time to bring Dream in Color in with the rest of my books, and I requested Wild Rose revert the rights for that book back to me.  Since my contract with them was fulfilled anyway, Wild Rose was kind enough to give me back my rights.

They just had a couple things they wanted to make sure I understood.

1)  They would be removing the book from their website and other sales outlets.

2)  I had to make a couple small changes to the book itself, so that it wasn't the exact same book they'd sold.

3)  I would lose my cover art.

I expected the first two points.  The third one knocked me over.  I love that cover art and, up until last night I had zero knowledge in anything about creating cover art.  But hey, Wild Rose said all this would happen in 90 days.  I had, I told myself, lots of time.

Until the other day, when I saw that the download format for Dream was no longer available ANYWHERE!  GACK!  I needed to change the book, format the book, and make cover art for the book RIGHT NOW, and I had no idea how to go about that.

But last night I had a break through, and I spent some quality time glued to my desk.  I hit my favorite image website Dreamstime and learned the ins and outs of how to purchase images.  I then spent a lot of time with my paint program, you know, that thing on your computer you usually use to scribble on but haven't really learned how to use?  Oh, wait, that's just my issue?  okay then.

Finally, I went to the dreaded place where book covers struggle to get published, Create space.  This is where I've uploaded my other two books for print publication, but I always wrestle with book covers.  Last night was no exception.  However, I'm fairly confident, and very, very excited this morning to show you the result of my work.


 
I still have a number of things to work on before I am ready to re release Dream.  But after last night, I'm feeling far better than I did this past week and I can't wait to share everything I've learned, along with this book I wrote  (Your first one is always going to be your baby).

No comments:

Post a Comment