NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Monday, July 16, 2012

It's a happy day for this writer!

Hello all! 

So I've been absent lately, but with good reason.  I've been slaving away at the second draft of "Fresh Ice," and I've just sent the final chapters to my dear critique partner.

It's exciting, getting to this point.  I like this point. This is when writing is fun.  Gone is the stressful "blank pages" stage, when you have no clue who your characters are, or what they're going to do.  Gone are most of the dead end chapters, the pages of pointlessness.  Instead, you know your characters so well, you're the puppet master making them dance.  (And then if you sit too long on a book, the characters make you dance.)

I'm also excited because I finally found a cover artist, I hope. She's tackling the cover for this book, a cover I have seen so clearly since the first time I pictured a cover for the book.  I hope she can manage it for me.  I'm confident she can!

Not the new cover.
So it's a happy day for me.  I toasted myself with a glass of Pinot Noir, and now I'm going to tuck myself on the futon and watch a movie of some sort until I fall asleep.  Hubby is in the next room, and I don't want to disturb him, but my eczema is flaring  (I've neglected pretty much everything in the past week to get this draft finished) and I don't sleep well when that happens.  So, I'll find something calm on Netflix, lotion myself up, and drift off blissfully, dreaming cover art and release dates.

Today I love being a writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment