NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Catching up on stuff and a tiny little rant.

Good afternoon friends!




In an effort to improve my overall health, I've joined a health club. The results have been hilarious. (You can read about them over at http://itcanonlyhappentosarah.blogspot.com ) However, now that I'm on a regular schedule at the gym, that means that even less of my already slim amounts of free time is gone.




What's a writer to do?



Well, I've decided I'm not going to bore you all with endless ravings that go nowhere. Instead, this blog is now my official Tuesday/Friday writing blog. My humor blog, as listed above, will be the Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. (Give or take, of course!) What I'm hoping is that I'll actually have some substance to put here instead of the usual grog that makes up most of my blog. (Hey, that rhymes!)



Meanwhile, when last we checked in with Sarah, she was impatiently waiting for news of her submission of "Lies in Chance". Yes, Sunday, she got an email from the editor who requested three chapters.



Apparently the editor lost the three chapters she'd requested. Better yet, said editor waited a couple of weeks before contacting Sarah.  GRRRR.



Oh I know, it happens all the time. We are all busy and that delete button is woefully close to the "enter" button on the keyboard. Still, now I'm back to the early weeks of "I can't do anything, I'm too nervous about my submission" whereas by Sunday morning I had already moved on to "It'll get rejected, whatever, I'm just going to start writing something else."


GRRRRRRRRR



And here endeth my rant.



The ups and downs of writing are really more downs than anything. Seriously, if you need to do something to boost your self esteem, writing isn't it. At least not if you're tyring to break into print. Meanwhile, a friend of mine just e-published her very first novel, and I could not be more proud of her! If you are of the Kindle persuasion, check out Edie's book: http://www.amazon.com/Cattitude-ebook/dp/B0040ZN224/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1284491293&sr=8-1



Meanwhile, go forth and WRITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment