NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm tired of being a grown up! I'm selling everything, including the kids, buying a van, and following Rick Springfield around the country!

Maybe my heroine had it right! Maybe I should just drop everything and follow that one, silly, impossible dream.

This little rant all started last Thursday when I was very optimistic about our financial status in the new couple years. We finally have a little bit of a savings account, which is no small feat given the fact that our bills outnumber our checks 3 to 1. But, with at least one college tuition on the horizon (two years away...gulp!) and nothing in the bank, I figured it was time.

So, we have a little bit of a savings. And things are going well at both our jobs. Bossman is sort of behaving himself and things are peaceful.

And then the fridge didn't seem that cold on Thursday night. I mentioned it to the Husband, who pooh poohed me. (He generally does when it comes to things like appliances, being the fix-it guy you know.)

Well, this morning, very early, I caught him touching every single bottle, can, plastic storage container and piece of fruit in the fridge. I didn't ask him what he was doing. I knew.

"Hmmm, doesn't seem to be as cold as it should be."

Ya think?

So now I'm faced with the ugly thought that we're going to have to spend what little we have socked away on a new stinkin' fridge! When this one isn't even that old! GRRRRRRR!

Meanwhile, I read about these women (and I'm speaking from a place of jealousy here) who get to just get up and go all over the place and follow their favorite singer or go on a cruise with Rick Springfield. Or go on Oprah because they are THE BIGGEST RICK FANS EVER!

And I had to go and get married and have kids. Darn it all!

Oh I know I know, the husband is wonderful, the kids are wonderful, they are my legacy blah, blah, BLAH! Try enjoying that legacy when it's slamming the door in your face because you told it it had to fill the tank with gas after a weekend of driving EVERYONE around the city. Try loving that legacy when it tells you it HATES YOU because you're making it eat a piece of fruit. (Mostly because the fridge is probably broken and I spent a TON OF MONEY on fresh fruit and it's not going to rot...it's just not going to!)

So maybe my heroine, Ramona, has the right idea. Maybe I should just sell EVERYTHING and hit the road. I can start by seeing him on May 7 in Milwaukee. And maybe I just won't come home! Maybe I'll just forget about the other appliances in my house that are waiting to mutiny, and the cost of health insurance, and whether or not the Girl's itchy toe is leprosy. (Don't get me started on that one just yet.)

At least then when I get in the car and the gas tank is empty I'll know it's because I was having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment