NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Apparently I'm a twelve year old moron.

Hmmmm, I've lost the ability to post blogs! NOOOOOOOOO!

Anyway, good morning!

Those of you who know me know that I have mother issues. Mostly it's my mother's issues that are the issues. (My heroine in "Dream in Color" has mother issues as well...funny how that worked out!)

Well, last night we had dinner with my parents. But not just any dinner, no, no. This was a special dinner! See, for Christmas last year my brother gave us gift certificates to a very upscale restaurant in Milwaukee. Those of you familiar with the area will recognize the name Bartellata. (Which I know I'm misspelling...oh well!) Anyway, the minute we opened these last year, my mother jumps up and says, "We must have dinner together and bring your brother with us!"

Hey, so much for having a romantic dinner someplace we would never, ever go!

Well, we were supposed to have this dinner back in June, but that was the night of game seven in the Stanley cup and the Redwings were on the cusp of winning again. Darn if I didn't have a stomach bug that night! (And Karma bit me instantly...the Wings lost.)

In July, hubby and I decided that we were going to have a romantic night on the town and use the gift certificate. I believe his words were, "Screw it, we're going!"

So now my mother decides that last night was going to be the night. Let's think about this. Brother didn't have his kids last night, and mom is retired, and Dad had today off. What I'm getting at is that it was a school night for our kids and we have work in the morning. Why were we doing this?

Anyway, we scraped together $100 in cash, kissed our children goodbye (Well, not really. The Boy won't let me kiss him anymore!) and went to the east side of Milwaukee to have dinner with the parents and brother at BAcchus.

But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself! Mother called Monday night to remind me of two things: 1) DRESS UP!
2) Bring the gift certificate.

I told her we'd already used the GC. She got all silent and said, "Well, so you're bringing money?"

Yep, I'm twelve. I don't know what to wear to any place other than McD's, and I think that food at a restaurant is free.

Dinner was actually nice. Hey, the food and service is unreal. I had the most amazing flank steak, and THE BEST potato leek soup. I don't even like leeks. But the soup was amazing. Hubby ordered a nice bottle of wine for the table and we all were having fun.

If you're in the Milwaukee area and you'd like to have a really classy evening, head down to Bacchus in the historic Cudahy tower. Order from the Prix Fix menu, which gives you three courses for $40. The wine list is amazing, and if you're a coffee drinker, your cup is never empty.

Just remember to dress up and bring money.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. The Bartolotta restaurants are ALWAYS going to treat you right (and yes, I corrected your spelling, they're a former and cherished client of mine from my time at the SBO up there), and Bacchus is a particularly swanky experience.

    And it's always worth the money. So sayeth the food nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and in case you haven't read lately, I awarded you an awardy on my blog the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? I have to check that out! I've been swamped at work...(it's beginning to look a lot like christmas....)

    ReplyDelete