NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Rest in peace, John Hughes

Good morning!

The world lost a brilliant voice this week when John Hughes passed away. Now, he died while going on a walk. Not to be disrespectful, but that pretty much makes my arguement that exercising and being in shape just means you die in shape.

John Hughes, as anyone who knows me knows, was a brilliant voice for a generation of 80's teens. He brought to light high school cliques, dating angst, the idea of haves and have nots, and all the layers of the teen/parent relationships. He taught us how to dress, how to talk, and how to fall in love.

I expound on this passing further at my site on myspace. www.myspace.com/sarahjbradley. There I include a link to a really great article about things that Huges brought forth in his films that no one will ever do again.

Beyond his gems as a director, (Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Planes Trains, and Automobiles) John Hughes was a writer with a tremendous range. Go to www.imdb.com and take a look at his list. I promise you, you've seen some of his magic in action.

This weekend, take a moment. If you have teens, introduce them to Ferris Bueller, Samantha Baker, Ducky, Brian the Brain. I have, and my kids love them. The clothing may be out of style, but the truths of those movie never will be.

For writers, there is no greater reason to be remembered than for the truths we put down.

Rest in peace, John Hughes.

No comments:

Post a Comment