NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

My writing New Year's resolutions!

Happy New Year All!

Some of you out there have already rung in the New Year.  What's it like in 2012?  Do we have flying cars yet?

This year I've made two separate lists of resolutions.  One for my writing career and one for the rest of my messy life.  So here goes my writing resolutions:

In 2012 I resolve to:

1)  Gain control over the rights to "Dream in Color." 

Nothing against Wild Rose Press, but they've had the book for two years now and I'd like to start doing packages and control the price on the book.  This will take a lot of work since Wild Rose owns the rights to COVER and I will have to make some minor changes to the book itself so it's NOT exactly the same book.  (I've done my homework and Rhonda Penders at Wild Rose has been very helpful and sweet.)

2)  Release TWO Elsie books.

I've simply got too much material for just one and I have to get one out before St. Patrick's day.  The first will be "I can't fix Stupid but I would like to poke it with Something Pointy."  The second, and this is a working title that just popped into my head today  "Rude, Stupid, Oblivious and Elsie W:  The four Horsemen of the Apocalypse."  I also have a short in mind, "Holidays with Elsie W."

3)  Finish a publishing ready draft of "Fresh Ice."

Yes, this is the book I was convinced two years ago I was done writing.  But, thanks to my brilliant and wonderful critique partner, Linda, I have a lot of work to do.   Now my big question is: Will this be an inspirational novel or not?

4)  Maintain my home office as a legitimate workspace and not just some place to dump unread mail and girl child's snacks.

Working my office today I realized I'd let about two years of paper pile up in drawers.  I've now sorted through things  (It's not perfect, but at least I know where it all is.)  and things look much better.  Next Step:  Make sure Girl child gets that this is MY room.  That includes moving litter box #3 out of this office FOR GOOD.

So there you have it.  Lofty, hopeful, serious resolutions to forward my career.

It's a new year...it's a new chapter. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment