(A heads up to everyone...parts of today's blog is not really suited for those under the age of 18.)
So today I'm sharing with you an interview and an author who walks a bit on the wild side! Let me introduce you to Marie Tuhart.
Marie has agreed to subject herself to my 20 questions, so my friends, sit back, relax, and get to know Marie Tuhart!
1) Tell us a little about yourself...(feel free to offer up any or no biographical info)
I currently live in the San Francisco Bay area, and have a day job that luckily next year I'll be able to give up and write full time.
(Sarah: My readers know that right now I'm very jealous of you!)
2) When did you begin writing?
I originally started writing when I was 16 while in high school, I didn't serious think about romance writing until many, many years later.
3) What inspired you to become a writer?
Other authors I read. They created great characters and worlds I wanted to do that.
4) Do you write with a soundtrack for whatever you're working on, or do you write in complete silence?
No music, I usually have the TV going on in the background but rarely hear it.
5) When do you find time to write? What's your schedule like?
My schedule is complicated, my day job requires me to be to work at 5:30 a.m. and depending on the day of the week I don't get home until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I usually writer on my lunch hour and on weekends, if I'm under deadline I'll write in the evenings.
6) Do you snack while writing, and if so, what's you're favorite snack?
I try not to snack while writing, but if I do it's usually nuts Almonds or Pistachios
7) Did anyone in particular inspire your main characters?
8) I've spent some serious time on this blog talking about the possibilities of e-publishing. What are your thoughts on e-publishing?
E-publishing is still up and coming. While I don't believe print books will ever go away, there are going to be more and more e-books available. It's only going to get bigger.
(Sarah: Well said! I could not agree more!)
9) Favorite Book/movie/TV show?
I can't narrow down to one book, movies The Mummy movies, TV shows: NCIS, CSI, Hawaii 5-0
10) Favorite Actor and actress?
I really don't have a favorite one
11) What are you reading right now?
Right now I'm reading Shelly Laurenston shifter series, this author has a great sense of humor in her books.
12) Starbucks or Caribou coffee?
Neither, I'm not a big coffee drinker
13) Most hilarious childhood memory? (Example...the one time in my life I was trying to be cool, I got on my cousin's pony and tried to show off my riding talents. Pony walked me under the clotheslines and nearly decapitated me.)
Oh wow, I'm not sure I have one.
14) If ______________showed up on my doorstep and asked me to run away with him, I would.
I'd answer this one, but I know I'm not that impulsive so it wouldn't matter.
15) What would you like readers to take away from your book?
An enjoyable read. I want readers to enjoy my books, they're fantasy and they should enjoy the fantasy.
16) How about a little blurb from your book, Saddle Up?
Eager to explore Angie’s vulnerable, submissive nature, Jared plans two weeks of toys and other naughty play. However, the last time he reached for a woman—mentally and physically—she rejected his dominant streak. Jared has no intention of letting Angie that close, no matter how sweetly she shivers beneath his hands.
Can two bruised hearts discover a way to make their tantalizing escape into the perfect way of life?
17) What are some of the best/worst movies made from novels and why?
Not a clue, I tend to stay away from movies made from books.
18) If your life story was made into a movie, who should play the part of you?
If this ever happened it would be a very dull movie, my life is unexciting.
19) Fill in the blank, if I had a million dollars I would ___buy a house________________.
20) What's next for you?
I currently have another book with my editor at The Wild Rose Pressfor the Scarlet Rose line, and I'm working on another book for the Champagne Line for a special call for submissions.
Well thank you Marie for playing along! Friends, if you'd like to know more about Marie, you can see her current books available here. Remember, Marie's writing is very spicy, so readers 18 and over only, please!
Below is an except from Marie's upcoming book, Saddle Up. Those of you 18 and over, please enjoy!
Angie drank in the feeling of his body against hers. His hardness to her softness, and part of her wanted to melt in a puddle at his feet, another part wanted to be bold and daring.
“Becca mentioned that you're closing down the ranch for a while.” Maybe a little flirting would work.
“Two weeks. There needs to be some renovations done, and the staff needs some downtime. It was a good time to do it with Tyler gone.”
“How much can be done in two weeks?” She thought back to when they were renovating the offices she now worked in, it seemed like it took months and with every little problem the workmen came to her.
“A lot, if you know how to motivate people.”
“Really?” Angie tilted her head up and fluttered her eyelashes. “And how would you do that?”
The corners of Jared's lips tilted up. “Lots of money.”
Okay, subtle flirting wasn't working with him. Her fingers trailed over his broad shoulder, to his neck, where she stroked his dark brown hair. His hand tightened on her lower back, bringing their hips together. And Angie swore she could feel his hard erection. Good, he wasn't immune to her.
She let her fingers skim from his neck, down over his shoulder blade, down his spine, over his well-defined ass, until she could rest her palm over his butt cheek. Then she squeezed it.
“Behave.” His breath brushed her ear and he swatted her ass.
“You hit me.” She couldn't believe it; he actually smacked her on the ass. Not that it hurt, but heat flowed through her body making her nipples grow harder. She’d never realized a little swat could make her so hot.
“I'll do worse if you don't behave yourself, Angie.”
“Promise?” The word was out of her mouth before she even realized it. The music ended, Jared escorted her back to the table and pulled out her chair.
His palms cupped her cheeks, tilting her face up to his. “We'll talk later.” He dropped a hard brief kiss on her lips before striding away.
Angie's heart skipped several beats while she observed Jared cross the room. She put her fingers to her lips and sank down onto the chair with her core pulsing with need and her panties wet. If he met her later, they wouldn't be talking if she had anything to say about it.