NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Friday, May 28, 2010

The eyes have it...part two!

So after writing about Eye Acting the other day, I haven't been able to get the idea of it out of my head. And it got me to thinking...besides the scene in "The Quick and the Dead" (Which I had to go back and watch last night...it's so good!) and, of course, "Robin Hood," (Which I'm seeing again today!) what are some of my other favorite "eye acting" moments?


Here's a partial list...and some of them surprised me!

Russell Crowe, "3:10 To Yuma." This a brilliant remake putting Crowe and Christian Bale against each other was a stroke of casting genius. But there's a quiet little scene between Crowe and actress Vinnessa Shaw that takes very little time, but wouldn't every woman want an outlaw to look at her that way?

David James Elliott/Catherine Bell "JAG: LIFELINE" JAG fans waited and waited and WAITED for almost five seasons for Harm and Mac to get together. True, they were going to wait another three before that happy event, but this episode, set against the back drop of Mac's engagement party, brings out the best of both of these actors. The final shot is the icing on a brilliant cake.

David James Elliott/Trevor Goddard "JAG: MUTINY" Harm and Brumby (played by the late and much missed Trevor Goddard) battled for Mac's heart endlessly, but never better than in this brilliantly written episode. Take my word for it...the final shot is a stunner.
Rick Springfield "General Hospital 2005" In the early 80's Dr. Noah Drake was a hot doc on the make. Fifteen years later, he was a sad, broken version of his former self. And Rick brought it all at us with his eyes.

Rick Springfield "LEGION" Terrible movie. But I keep it on my shelf for one reason and one reason only. Watching Rick's character, seeing the depth of despair in his eyes before you ever know what's up...it's spellbinding. By the end you're cheering and weeping for him, in spite of yourself.

Danny Masterson "That 70's Show" I know...I was shocked when I came up with this one. But in the rare moments Hyde takes off his sunglasses in scenes involving his rocky romance with Jackie, Mr. Masterson gives us more good eye acting than a sitcom probably deserves.
Russell Crowe, "3:10 To Yuma." This a brilliant remake putting Crowe and Christian Bale against each other was a stroke of casting genius. But there's a quiet little scene between Crowe and actress Vinnessa Shaw that takes very little time, but wouldn't every woman want an outlaw to look at her that way?

Rick Springfield "General Hospital 2005" In the early 80's Dr. Noah Drake was a hot doc on the make. Fifteen years later, he was a sad, broken version of his former self. And Rick brought it all at us with his eyes.

Russell Crowe "HEAVEN'S BURNING" This movie confuses me...did they mean for it to be a dark comedy? Because there are moments so over the top you can't help but laugh. But there are two scenes, both with actress Youki Kudoh, that make the movie an eye acting milestone for me. I'll give you a hint...find the scene where they're not wearing much, and then find the scene where they're really dressed up.

Clark Gable..."Gone with the Wind." Ah, Rhett Butler. The original movie bad boy we all wanted to fix. Even under the censorship constraints of 1939, Gable manages to evoke an awful lot with his eyes...like the scene where he leaves Scarlett on the road to Tara, right before a big kiss. Breathless!

So there you go...some of my favorite eye acting moments. Not all of them are a surprise, I'll grant you, and I could add a ton more, but let's not get boring.

Think about your favorite movies or TV shows...what draws you to a character? I'll just bet there's a scene or two of eye acting in your memory banks.

Now, go forth and WRITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment