NOW AVAILABLE!

NOW AVAILABLE!
A HERO'S SPARK: the final book in the Wicked Women series!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bye, bye 2009!

Happy NEW YEAR!

I realize I'm not the first person to wish you all a new year, even though it's barely 8 am on the last day of 2009. Still, there's the sentiment, and you've read it so my job here is done in that respect.

Like many people I make resolutions for the new year every year. The top of the list is weight loss. Last year I resolved to lose a pound a week. Which I did. For fifteen weeks. And then I gained it all back and twiddled away the year, and now I'm back on the losing side, but, instead of the 52 pounds I promised to lose, I've lost 10.

This year my resolutions will be a bit more reachable. (Is that a word? Elliott? Is that a word?)

1) I'm going to weigh less a year from now than I do right now.

2) I'm going to put a lot of energy into finishing "7/8ths Time" before the Amazon.com deadline on 2/7.

3) I'm going to strive to be more patient with my children, my husband, New Girl, and Bossman....okay, not with Bossman, we all know that's not going to happen!

4) I'm going to actually sit down and WRITE my creative non fiction book that's been in my head for a lot of years. I even have a title: "Stalking Rick Springfield and other habits of the middle aged suburban woman." (Like it? I do!)

That's it. Not a bad list for someone who hasn't had her coffee yet!

Be safe tonight my friends, and have a great start to the new year!

3 comments:

  1. 'Reachable' is indeed a word, at least in my internal dictionary. And you know me, I'm all about the $5 words.

    As for #4, do you suppose Rick can use that in court as evidence toward his restraining order against you? Not that he'd ever do that, I'm sure. (Actually, LOVE the title.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elliott! And I suppose the restraining order could include that...but come on! You know I'm terrible at titles, this one was inspired! LOL! Hope all is well...and warmer...where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only 60 and sunny here. Horrible, I know.

    ReplyDelete